Friday, April 1, 2011

C's Collected Dating Wisdom, Vol 1

I went through some gchats between myself and C when my boyf and I first started dating in order to give C some of her own advice about that weird, awkward, beginning period with a new boy.  This is for everyone, but especially for C.
  • Men suck.  This is why women own and run everything.  This is why the advice in He's Just Not That Into You is flawed: "if he likes you, he'll make it happen."  Men are fucking lazy, especially men our age.  And they're used to girls/women just doing everything.
  • I think you need to not give a fuck.
  • But I think you should continually ask yourself this question: how engaged is he in who I am? And what I’m doing?  And how interested in his life am I demonstrating myself to be?
  • You should take a step back and think logically and not make this the be all, end all.  Because there really are a zillion other fish in the sea
  • Yeah, [going on awkward first/second/third dates] blows.  But this is the path you're going to have to travel.
  • This is not rocket science.  He likes you.  He's just trying to be semi aloof.
  • Just freaking be like “we should hang out this weekend.”  And if he doesn't want to, he'll blow it off.
  • Yeah, I know you want a boyfriend.  But you don't want a shitty boyfriend.  And you certainly don't want one that makes you plan everything.
  • I mean, there are lots of guys out there that will jump to date you, but in the end guys that are easy to date are more hassle later on.  So you have to deal with a bunch of time consuming/exhausting crap regardless.
  • Men who are easy to date are just more time consuming exhausting crap on the backend of things.
  • Again I go back to my old mantra: boys are stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment