Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Theory #1

Things I like to do: read, write, chat with friends, daydream, think too much, craft (please refrain from making fun of me), play with my cellphone, theorize.

Theory of the day:

Research:
According to my sources, men spend approximately 10% of their conversations talking about women and 40% talking about sports. [Editor's Note: I only asked one person, so this percentage probably varies]

My approximation is that I spend 50% to most of my conversations with my friends talking about guys or guy related things.

Hypothesis: The time men spend talking about sports, women spend on talking about men.

Conclusion: Women need something like sports to occupy their time so they don't act so freaking crazy about men.

I have decided, based on the issues brought up from this theory that I am going to spend more time talking with my friends about their interests.  I am enthralled with the possibilities of conversation that doesn't revolve around men.  Sports are incredibly boring things to talk about / watch, so I am absolutely not going to try to go there...but, I think that this is a very valid goal.  My hope is that I can know my friends better and become more interested in their lives if I know more about them than how they act around/ concerning men.  I was gchatting with my friend K and I literally had to ask her what her interests were! Shouldn't I know this already?? We've been friends for years!  I'm not saying I'm going to eliminate men from my conversations with friends (that's just ludicrous and silly), but I do want to attempt to limit it to the 10% that it should be.  I am a college educated, intelligent, well-rounded woman!  Riddle me this, why should I spend all my time pondering the ins and outs of the male mind and absolutely no time pondering those same intricacies of my own mind?



Also [unrelated] post-script, new colloquialisms that I'm a fan of:
On the reg
Riddle me this
Totes jeal (and/or abbrevs in general)

No comments:

Post a Comment