From the wise, wise pages of Wikipedia:
Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast. Antonyms include hastiness and impetuousness.
In the grown up word there is a lot of waiting. This waiting often comes when you are in no position to want to wait: waiting on approval for you new apartment, waiting to hear back from the job you just interviewed for, waiting for men to text/call you back. Yes, lots and lots of waiting. I seriously hate waiting. I am probably the LEAST patient person on the face of the earth. Thus, when forced into a state of wait, I become a petulant, insane child.
I just got a new job (YAY!). But! On the way to this job I had to go through three interviews. THREE! After each interview I was nervous and anxious hoping to God that they liked me, going over and over in my head the things that I said, that they said. Finally, I got the call today that they did in fact like me and that they hoped to bring me aboard! What great news!
If only relationships were this easy (WHAT?! Getting a job in this economy?! You're trying to tell me that getting a job is easy?!....My response: Have you recently tried getting a man in this social economy of virtually ubiquitous Peter Pans??) But the exact part I'm talking about is the one two punch of interviews. The prosepective goes on anywhere between one and three interviews (dates, let's be real), and by the end a decision is made! The best part? They CALL you to tell you what they've decided! How great! How modern!
Dating seems (from my limited experience) to be so muddled, confusing, and irritating that I halfway want to throw in the towel. It feels like nothing is ever going to work out and I'll probably be alone forever (an object at rest stays at rest, etc), but I know that this isn't empirically true....a force almost always acts upon that object at rest. Right? Right. But needless to say, here I am waiting (again) to see if that force will act against that object and things will move into motion. However, how long before I know they're in motion? Like for sure. Like indefinitely? Like exclusively? God only knows. Perhaps after the eleventh interview we can just assume I got the job...or didn't. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment